Art and Design
Click on the button below to find out more about our Art and Design curriculum from Nursery to Year 6.
INTENT FOR ART AND DESIGN
- To know how to become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- To know they are able to, and feel keen to express their individual ideas through creative work
- To have a growing knowledge about a range of great female and male artists, craft makers, designers and architects, and to understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- To know where to find out about artists and to see their work.
- To use knowledge to begin to evaluate and analyse creative work, including their own, using the language of art, craft and design
- To add to the children’s deepening knowledge about the ten Millbrook concepts in order to become well educated citizens
- To know that art plays an important role in living life in all its fullness.
Padlett of the staff's creations when focusing on progression in clay