Design and Technology
To find out more about our Design and Technology curriculum click the button below.
INTENT FOR DT CURRICULUM
- To learn the creative, technical and practical skills needed to perform and solve everyday tasks confidently and successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- To acquire a wide range of knowledge and also apply other skills in maths, science, STEM, computing and art.
- To know how to apply a repertoire of knowledge and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- To know how to critique
- To take risks, be resourceful and resilient when evaluating and testing their ideas and products and the work of others.
- To know and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
- To know how to apply DT skills in a range of relevant contexts for example, at home and school, in gardens, the local community.