To find out more about our RE Curriculum Ladder click on the button below.
Intent for Religious Education
By the time pupils leave Millbrook Park School, we aim to:
- Enable pupils to know about and understand Christianity as a living faith that influences the lives of people worldwide and as the religion that has most shaped British culture and heritage.
- Enable pupils to know and understand about other major world religions and world views, their impact on society, culture and the wider world, enabling pupils to express ideas and insights.
- Contribute to the development of pupils’ own spiritual/philosophical convictions, exploring and enriching their own beliefs and values.
- Enable all children to become religiously literate.
- Ensure RE enables all children to experience life in all its fullness in line with our school vision
- Offer a systematic enquiry-based approach through our ‘Big Questions’ to the teaching of RE so the following skills can develop in our children:
- - Ability to be critical thinkers
- - Ability to ask deep and meaningful questions
- - Ability to make connections within and across religions and world views.
- - Ability to reflect, respond and express their own opinions and beliefs.
- - Ability to make their own choices and decisions concerning religion and belief based on a deep knowledge and understanding of religions and worldviews belief systems, values and practices
We have a strong connection with St Paul's Church, Mill Hill. Millbrook children attend key services at the church. The clergy from St Paul's come into school and spend time getting to know Millbrook children, families and staff, as well as leading some of our Collective Worship.
If you would like to watch the film of our July 2021 Year 6 Church Leavers Service, led by Revd Jo James, please click on the button below.